CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 22, 2008

Movie Movie Movie

I love to watch movies, I would actually watch movies rather than watching television shows. Over the years I have come fond of many different movies some of my favorites are the classics such as The Sandlot, Hook, My Best Friend’s Wedding, Steel Magnolias, Scarface, The Godfather, Pelican Brief, The American President and Armageddon. Recent movies have not really caught my eye, I feel that the producers are trying too hard to impress us and they end up over doing it. Some of the recent movies I have seen are Definitely Maybe, America Gangster and Alvin and the Chipmunks. I have to say out of those my favorite one was American Gangster. Denzel Washington is one of my favorite actors and in this movie he plays the main character of Frank Lucas who becomes the leader of the New York mafia/drug world. Right off the bat in the beginning of this movie Ridley Scott the director draws you in with death in the very first scene. For the rest of the movie the NYPD and the FBI are trying to crack down and find Lucas who has rose from a family of nothing to a multi-millionaire drug lord. Granted it was a long movie but I just could not get enough of it. Something about the underlying scandal, the lies and cheating kept me on the edge of my seat.

I do not usually like movies that are like this, but it felt like I was in the movie. It felt as if I was part of the scandal and the lies. I also liked how this was based on a true story; it opened my eyes to what the “real world” was like. I feel that throughout my whole life I have lived under a rock and been so sheltered that to me it is hard to believe that things like this were really taking place in the world. This movie impressed me so much that I even recommended it to my grandmother to watch it and come to find out she enjoyed watching it as well. As the movie came to an end I was sad because I did not want Denzel Washington to be caught I wanted the story to continue to unravel but the bad guy always needs to go down in the end. Overall I liked this movie and I would recommend it to anyone, I feel that people of all interest can watch this film and see into a part of history that the majority of us are not a part of.
Another thing I liked about this movie was the music, the main performer was JayZ and I have to say he is one of my favorite rappers. T.I. also had a small secondary role in this movie. I liked the fact that there were not many well known actors in this movie besides Washington and Crowe and still the movie was a hit.

0 comments: