CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Academic Integrity Pledge

I swear on my honor that the work contained within is my own......
Overall I think that these words are pretty self explanatory and I was not 100% sure about why we had to create our own considering Clemson already has one. I got confused with this assignment because the according to our syllabus the assignment was to create our own pledge and we needed to have some sort of citations in there in MLA format Yet in the class you had us under the impression that we just had to react to the already standing pledge so I think that there was a little miss communication on that front. Also in regards to the MLA you said we did not need to worry about that so again I was a bit confused. For the future I think it would be more helpful if you stick to one plan. In addition to that when we would ask questions they were not fully answered in regards to the assignment so my confusion could be detrimental to our overall outcome.
Overall I think that the academic integrity pledge is a very good idea to help keep the honor system in the back of our heads as we complete our college career. I think that our pledge needs to be stressed more just because it is hard to always be honest when we are completing work all of the time. I think that it could be displayed more or posters and what not could be created to always have it in the back of the student’s minds. I am not too quite sure about the ramifications that occur when the pledge is broken so maybe more information about that could help to sort of “scare” the urge to be dishonest out of the students.

0 comments: