CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Favorite Song


This is probably going to be one of the hardest assignments ever, and no its not supposed to be 6 to 10 pages long nor does it need 5 sources. Just the fact to have to choose a favorite song is hard enough. I love music, there is not an hour in my life in which a song or lyric is running through my head. I actually had to purchase two ipods because I did not want to have to delete songs from one or the other.


But my favorite song of all time is one that I could play over and over and never get tired of. It is one that my father and I used to sing when I was little and still to this very day break out spontaneously in song. Whenever we would have a party at our house this song would be played atleast once if not twice. Everyone would dance with those whom they loved and of course I danced with my Daddy. This song is very nostalgic and I used listen to it so much that even my best friend Kelsey has learned to love it. Now I just listen to it every now and then when I want to reminisce about good times from the past about be close to the ones I love when they can not be here. The song appears in the movie Animal House and I think that is where my Dad first heard it but I am not exaclty sure.


The song is by Otis Day and it is called Shama-lama-ding-dong.


Here are the lyrics:



If I searched this whole wide world I’d never, never, never find me a girl who’d love me the way that u do Cuz u shama lama In the rama lama ding dong Baby, u put the ooh my my (oh, oh, oh, oh) back into my smile child Hey! That is why, that is why You are my shooby dooby doo You put the shama lama, ding dong You put the ooh my my (oh, oh, oh, oh) back into my smile child That is why, that is why You are my shooby dooby doo And I love, this love we share Its stronger then the other no one else can compare stronger then the highest mountain and the deepest sea Hey! u put the shama lama In the rama lama ding dong Baby, u put the ooh my my (oh, oh, oh, oh) back into my smile child Hey! That is why, that is why u are my shooby dooby doo shama lama, in the rama lama ding dong, baby u put the ooh my my (oh, oh, oh, oh) back into my smile child that is why, that is why u are my shooby dooby doo




0 comments: